Friday, April 14, 2006

Welcome to my Blogging Marketing Diary

Welcome to my first blog of many that hopes to share my experiences of internet marketing blogs to all. First, let me introduce myself: My name is Matthew Bredel and I am currently a 31 year old engineer living in San Diego, California. Over the last six months, I have found myself becoming very frustrated with the lack of income I have needed to solely support my family of 4. For this reason, I, like many of you reading this, resorted to the internet to find a "quick and easy" way of making money online. I was not, nor am I going to, quit my day job and I was never looking to make six-figures doing this (at least at this time in my life). Just $1000/month would go a long way! Paid surveys and Affiliate Marketing really stood out to me and I was fairly convinced they were not "scams" after reading a lot of forums and logically, they both made sense.

I first tried Paid Surveys and signed up for every survey under the sun. To be honest, it was not a bad deal! I would get about 1-2 surveys per day and was making on average about $100/week. This was not bad (and it really was not difficult), but it really was not enough. The paid survey program I had joined also had some literature concerning affiliate marketing (not much, but enough to convince me to sign up for a "real" program). After lots of research, I felt most comfortable with John Westbrook's Life Empowered System.

That was about 5 months ago. With the program and a bit of coaching from John himself, I was able to get some business going, primarily through GoogleAd promotion. I still was spending a lot of money on promotion, websites and time. Lately, I have been reading more affiliate marketing program eBooks (and this includes the updated version of the Life Empowered) and all of them (the legitimate ones, at least) seem to focus on one thing: BLOGS!

So this is my goal and my mission right now: To get Blogs to sell! As you may guess, I have chosen to promote two products that I am now fairly familiar with and that I am truly do believe in: Affiliate Marketing eBooks and Paid Survey Sites. During the course of this blog, I want to focus on three things:

1) The Past: How and Why I chose these parts
2) The Present: What is currently going on with this campaign
3) The Future: What is my next step to make money

During the course of my blog, I welcome all comments and suggestions! I really do want this to work and I am willing to bring all of you along for the ride as well! See you in my next blog!

Cheers...matt