Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Online Marketing & the Movie "Rudy"

Yesterday, on my way home on a flight from an online marketing conference from the east coast, I was sitting in my chair, like a zombie from lack of sleep debating on whether or not to watch the in-flight movie. It was Rudy. Uh? Isn't that movie about 20 years old by now? I expect something relatively new on flights these days, so I was rather annoyed. Still I thought, "I haven't seen it in years, and since I've already seen it, I won't really need to follow it that much."

I think a higher power or something was trying to tell me something coming home from this conference. Man that movie ROCKS! But the heck does this have to do with making money online? I was glued to this movie for the entire 2 hours and let me tell you, it has EVERYTHING to do with anyone who is just starting out or at the beginning of their online money making advertures. What's the movie about? It's the true story of a kid (nicknamed "Rudy") who goes from being uneducated with very little future to a man to fights his way to the top no matter what gets in his way. His dream is to play for the Norte Dame football team. Quoted from the movie:

"You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you got hardly a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football team in the land for 2 years. And you're also gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody except yourself."

I actually had a tear in my eye during this scene. Why? Because it is so true...and it is what you will have to do to be successful in the world of online marketing! Maybe not to this extent, but the message is the same. You WILL have an uphill battle to climb. You WILL have set-backs that may want you to quit. And you WILL need to do this for only one person and that is YOURSELF! And just like Rudy, if you are committed and persevere through the tough times, you WILL achieve your goals and not only gain financial rewards at the end, but self-satisfaction as well.

If you are starting off in the online money making business (even if you have seen the movie or not), spend two hours to watch it again and realize that this IS a true story and if Rudy can do what he did, you can achieve your goals, too: Like Making Money Online!

- Matthew Bredel

Want to learn more about Money Making Opportunities Online? Visit TheWebReviewer today!