Sunday, April 16, 2006

Becoming Known - My First Steps at Being Found

Let's quickly come back to the present and focus on my current task of the week: Becoming known! My last affiliate effort focused entirely on GoogleAds. I do plan to promote this the same way, but first, I want to draw some people to my blog the natural, FREE ways.

After some reading and forum study, submitting my blog to some free RSS submission sites seem like a good first start. I was referred to the following submission list site:

www.masternewmedia.org/rss/top55

I went through and checked out most of the links and about 20 or so seem promising. This is my first step to getting my blog "out there". This will be in addition to the URL submissions I will make to the main search engines (such as Google, Yahoo, Lycos, Hotbot, etc.) Further, I plan to start reviewing other blogs and forums and leave my "fingerprint" wherever I feel relevant. I will do this for a few days and see if I can build a larger hit count. Stay tuned! (and Happy Easter!)